Many complex factors -- such as rampant corruption and the undemocratic behaviour of politicians -- are responsible for the events leading to that fateful day on January 11 and they ought to be thoroughly analysed and clearly understood. However, another factor behind the collapse of the system appears to be that it lacked the necessary support structure for the democratic edifice created at the national level. more
Bangladesh Needs You - Make Your Opinion Count
|Become a member of the Pro Reforms Group and contribute your ideas and voice your opinion freely! Subscribe to the Group's e-Newsletter - "HOPE"|
Sunday, 8 July 2007
July 19, 2007 - Coalition for Good Governance Seminar
Seminar on Political Reforms will be held at the VIP lounge of the National Press Club at 10:00 a.m. The seminar is hosted by the Coalition for Good Governance. Dr. Akbar Ali Khan will be the chief guest. Pro Reforms Group is a member of the Coalition. The papers, points of view and details of the seminar will be published at this blog.
Democracy & Governance
- Growing our way out of trouble
- Policing citizens : View from within
- Let us go against the stream
- Of Democracy & Politics
- Rethinking confrontational politics
- Time to choose
- Civil and uncivil society in Bangladesh
- Where Bangladesh leads the world
- Evolution Bangladeshi-style
- Now overdue : Why rights to due process should be restored
- Buying death at a high price
- Promises yet to be delivered
For all the resources on reforms, governance & democracy including papers, articles and links please click here
- Donations vs Nomination Business
- Bangladesh Emergency Six Months On - BBC
- Army chief feels need to review the Constitution
- The vortex of lies and denial
- Roadmap for polls Sunday
- Trouble at the grassroots
- Democracy without a support structure is unsustain...
- Let the nation not forget!
- Bangladesh: Country Prepares for Political Reforms...
- Meaningless Political Reforms
- National Security Council
- Reforms - What & When
- People are not in a hurry
- Abdul Jalil quits Awami League
- Army-backed Reforms Imperil Democracy
- Political future of Bangladesh in abeyance
- Awami League presidium member Tofail puts forward ...
- Lifting of Ban on Indoor Politics
- Need Separate Laws For the Political Parties
- ▼ July (19)